Tuesday 22 April 2014

Zoo Babies Birthday Train Card


Good morning crafty friends. How was your Easter weekend? I hope you had a lovely one. Here on the Isle of Wight we had lovely weather for half the weekend so we were able to get out and about and enjoy an Easter Egg Hunt (as well as the odd ice cream too!). We even managed to get ourselves a new family friendly people carrier which will be perfect for our trip to Telford next month for Stampin' Up!'s Regional Training (and thankfully I am just a spectator this year and not a presenter so no terrible nerves for me this year *hooray*).

So today's crafty creation is a first birthday card I made for my lovely friend's little boy using the gorgeous Zoo Babies stamp set. I have seen lots of these little toy train card across the internet and blogs and just love the cute effect of using the Curly Label punch cut in half to create these little train carriages.

My colour scheme was taken from the Retro Fresh Designer Series Papers that I used for the background layer: So Saffron, Coastal Cabana, Very Vanilla, Soft Sky and Soft Suede.


I stamped 'Theo' using my Simply Serif Mini Alphabet stamps and used the circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack to punch the individual letters. I mounted these on to the bunting punched using the Pennant Punch (soon to be seen reappearing in the new 2014-2015 catalogue) and used a Dimensional to raise this from the main card.


The train was created using the Curly Label Punch cut in half and embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. The wheels were made using the 1/2" Circle and 3/4" Circle Punches and finished with a Candy Dot.

The sentiment was stamped using the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set.

You can order any products through my online store by clicking here or by clicking any of the product links above. I will also happily order any products for you. Just drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 and I'll happily assist.

Happy Crafting
-X-

3 comments:

  1. I love what you did with this card! I would love to share this on my blog for 'My Crafty Friends Monday' (a round up of amazing cards from amazing stampers featuring some retiring products!)! Please let me know if you would prefer that I didn't share it (of course I give you credit and link back to your blog!).
    Inky Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I'm going to make it for my grandson's birthday card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete